Woodworking Books

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I created this Google doc of woodworking books, I think I had a thread where I ask for suggestions and put them in it.
I had it in resources, but the link seems to be broken.
First of all, let me know if you can see it / access it, if not, I will try to post it or put it back in the resources again.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I created this Google doc of woodworking books, I think I had a thread where I ask for suggestions and put them in it.
First of all, let me know if you can see it / access it, if not, I will try to post it or put it back in the resources again.

It shows up for me. What's your goal. Is it a list of books you have? Books you want? Or???

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member

I can see it thank you

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
It shows up for me. What's your goal. Is it a list of books you have? Books you want? Or???
I have many of these, probably not all, should check.
The goal?
Periodically people ask about "good books" on a particular subject... having a list makes it easier...
I think I started this and then asked for input and that is what ended up here.
I want to make it available in our resources and hopefully add to it to keep it "fresh".

I added or updated the link - can someone verify they can download it from the resources?

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
If you're looking for some good books here are some of my favorites.
No "how-to" books here.
A Reverence for Wood - Eric Sloane
The Nature and Art of Workmanship - David Pye
The Artisan of Ipswich - Robert Tarule
The Lost Carving - David Esterly
The Unknown Craftsman - Soetsu Yanagi

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will add them to the list... (I thought Eric Sloane's books were there since I LOVE them!) but I guess not...

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank, I now see it listed in Resources but when I click on the link in Resources - nothing is there.

Resource1.jpg

ResourceResult.jpg

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you, Matt. I found the "Go to download" button after you mentioned it - I was concentrating on the left side of the screen as that is where most selection buttons are normally located. I guess I am still learning this new package.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@PeteM you bookchices were added and I was able to "search resources" enter "Woodworking books" in the search bar and download the list!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors