Woodturning Online Project Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mike

New User
Mike
This is a wonderful site. I have written a number of articles on turning wood boxes that I will be using when I teach my class at American Sycamore Woodworking Retreat the week of September 18. I have no idea how to upload articles this large. I wrote the documents in Word and have two pictures inserted on most pages but the article will take you from stock preparation to finishing for 5 different kinds of boxes.

In Word it is around 120 pages and probably more than 200 pictures....

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Mike, I'm not sure if this is worthwhile, but I have Acrobat software that could turn your document into the Acrobat format, if that is helpful...

M

McRabbet

This is a wonderful site. I have written a number of articles on turning wood boxes that I will be using when I teach my class at American Sycamore Woodworking Retreat the week of September 18. I have no idea how to upload articles this large. I wrote the documents in Word and have two pictures inserted on most pages but the article will take you from stock preparation to finishing for 5 different kinds of boxes.

In Word it is around 120 pages and probably more than 200 pictures....
I've send you a PM with my e-mail address to request the article for our Downloads Library -- I've got Adobe Acrobat and MS Word as well....

Rob

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Chris and Rob, thank you for the offer but I fear sending software technology like that to me would have the same effect as sending a B2 bomber back to the Pilgrims.....

Rob, I have responded to your PM and explained the situation. You can best tell me how to proceed. The article with all the pictures is 34 MB....:-?

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Big Mike and Rob
It would be great if you can work it out and get it into the download library.:eusa_danc
Nick

M

McRabbet

I've replied to Big Mike and hopefully he can send me a CD. I can get it from there and get the PDF version created and uploaded to the Download Library for others to enjoy. I've also just validated Mike's and Nick's new Link Library additions -- thanks guys.

Rob

frankson

New User
Jeff
Nick,

Thank you for "turning" me onto this site.

A little background; Clay had demo'd pen-turning to our KMI volunteers - now our kids turn pens/pencils...sell them. They already have done well with magic wands, wine stoppers, etc.

However, on your web site, I found plans for making wine stoppers out of kitchen counter materials (soapstone,etc) - this will be next up as we just sourced some donated scraps from a local counter top distributer.

thanks again,

Frankson
(aka Jeff)
Kids Making It - Wilmington

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Jeff
I have read in this form about the great work that you and KMI do. :eusa_danc :eusa_clap I am looking forward to stopping by when I an in the area to see the kids work. I have been very impressed with what I have read on the web site :icon_thum . I am glad that you have found the link useful. I still have not gotten all of the way through it. :rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS