Woodmaster 718

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Hey all
I was just thinking that I should jot down my observations of this machine as I go thru her.
I Started off by taking her apart and gave it a good cleaning.
Went through the owners manual and lubricated it up.

The woodmaster has sealed main bearings, but they still have a grease sert.
Everything seems to work just fine and the motors purr.
I tell you this is one quiet machine.:thumbs_up

The owners manual, has some gaps in it, and if you depend on it to show you everything, you could be in trouble.:eusa_doh:

Oh well the the sanding drum attachment has 2 small allen set screws one at each end.
However for me these were not visible, and nor did the owners manual tell you where they were at or have a picture of the part indicating their presence.:frown3qg:
As a result for me to getting the sanding drum out of this machine was a chore. (set screws were buried under the velcro, which holds the sand paper on).
Now that I have it off, I can see how everything works.
Luckily for me whoever put this on before me did not crank them down. Or I would never have gotten it out.

So I get it cleaned up. Replace the velcro put on new paper put it back on, and play with it.
Oh yeah baby!:rogarhapp, that's what I'm talkin about. woo hoo, this baby will sand.:toothy9:

Ok, oK, lets see what else she'll do.
I buy some new blades for her. Big brown truck shows up, (this guy and I are on first name basis:gar-La;)
New belts and a new set of teeth. Ok planer blades. Set up isn't too bad, once you get used to using their blade alignment guage.
Time to fire it up and throw some lumber at it.
Manual says to check tightness of bolts after 10 minutes.
Ok, no problem.
I throw some of Jeffs red oak at it. Folks I will tell you this. I have been around allot of planers by allot of different manufactors before, but this HAS TO BE the quietess by far.:eusa_danc
And talk about smooth. I know you all are saying, "well it should be, you just put new blades in it."

It's the variable feed rate. Man you can slow it down to a snails pace.
With three blades spinning, and the material just creeping along. wow.
Even speeding the feed rate up the boards where smooth.
OH, I'm liking this beauty allot.
With having 5HP directing all it's power to the cutter head, and another motor contolling the infeed/outfeed rollers.
THIS MACHINE ROCKS>:gar-Bi

Next will be to try out the molding cutter, YAhoo.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Man I am so jealous. Sander, three-blade variable speed quiet planer, AND on a first-name basis with the UPS guy (I haven't gotten that far yet with mine, we just sort of do a guy-how-you-doin'-nod). I'm going to have to give you an old fashioned YOU SUCK!!!! on this one. :)

Glad to hear this machine is working out for you. Thanks for posting. Don't forget to add pictures next time.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
What a serious sounding machine, Mac!!!!:gar-La; Hope you will be able manage all of the chips and dust that that bad boy will be throwin' atcha!:wsmile:

Thanks for sharing the cleanup/tuneup detail. You definately got a winner there, for sure.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Wayne

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Good deal ... and it sounds like you've made it further than me with it so far. I did finally order some new blades though .... so now just need to get them installed.

Hopefully my results will mimic yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS