Wood Turning Classes

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
Good afternoon - I'm attempting to get into wood turning but am finding that I need some real basic instruction. I'm wondering if there is someplace in NC that offers basic wood turning instruction - specifically spindle turning - I'm not interested in bowl turning at this point.

Thanks
Rick

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Off the top of my head, Mike Davis could teach you, you would need to go to him. He is a member of this site. You could send him a messege and ask.
Other than that the North Carolina Furniture School run by Stuart Kent. He too is a member here. Both are excellent choices.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I believe they offer some wood turning classes at the Klingspor W-S store. Give them a call.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I believe they offer some wood turning classes at the Klingspor W-S store. Give them a call.
They will be in the near future. They haven't set that part up yet, I understand soon, but worth inquiring. I'm sorry that option wasn't on my mind this afternoon.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
John C Campbell folk school in Brasstown offers classes also, week end and full week classes available----------not cheap and a long drive away.

blackhawk

Brad
Corporate Member
I joined a local woodturning club and they have a list of mentors. My mentor is about 15 minutes from me and he has been invaluable to my learning. Go to the AAW site and look up the closest club to you.

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
You can join a local turning club and find a mentor there.
I didnLt find any clubs local to me - I think the closest was and hour os away - not terrible and I may join that at some point. Maybe I missed something - is there a club in Winston Salem?

Rick

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I didnLt find any clubs local to me - I think the closest was and hour os away - not terrible and I may join that at some point. Maybe I missed something - is there a club in Winston Salem?

Rick
Rick did you call Klingspor in W-S?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS