Wood Storage Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endless Pursuit

New User
Jeff
I need to move a bunch of wood out of my barn to make room for the tractor that's currently in the garage so I can move in a 72 Chevy truck to start a restoration project. Soooooo, it's time to build a wood storage shed in back of the shop.

Photos of the work on day 1. The soil around the shop had been compacted by the builder and was like digging in concrete. One thing for sure, all my effort to establish a dead-level deck won't be wasted because those support blocks aren't going anywhere! My thinking is, Flat Deck + close-spaced, parallel supports = Flat wood in the future.

Wood_Storage_Day_1-3.jpg

Wood_Storage_Day_1-2.jpg

Wood_Storage_Day_1-1.jpg

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Cool... Looks like you are off to a good start (man is that clay red). Since your dead flat on your floor. You may want to work in a way to ratchet strap your piles to the floor. Wood is like memory foam, if you stack it all crooked - its going to be all crooked.

Endless Pursuit

New User
Jeff
Cool... Looks like you are off to a good start (man is that clay red). Since your dead flat on your floor. You may want to work in a way to ratchet strap your piles to the floor. Wood is like memory foam, if you stack it all crooked - its going to be all crooked.
Humm, good suggestion. I won't be stacking in Piles but I will have some substantial "racks". I think I'll make provisions for access from all sides so I can make small "piles" on the racks and then strap those together.

I built a shed around five years ago that is very similar. I cannot walk in it and it has racks that can be accessed from doors at both ends. I now wish I had built it bigger as it is full and I can't find anything.

Endless Pursuit

New User
Jeff
I built a shed around five years ago that is very similar. I cannot walk in it and it has racks that can be accessed from doors at both ends. I now wish I had built it bigger as it is full and I can't find anything.

What size was yours Ty? This one is 10 X 16 and will have a 2' "aisle" down the middle with 14' long racks on the right and 8' on the left with space for "chunks". Per Crealbilly's suggestion, 3 sides will be able to be opened for access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors