Wood ID Help Needed

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
We recently built this Charcuterie Serving Board and the wide strip in the center came from a scrap box that we bought. We love the look but would like to know its name so that we can purchase some. It is quarter sawn and was somewhat lighter before we applied the oil. It's going to be offered for sale Saturday in our booth at Blowing Rock NC.
Thanks.
Bob

board with mystery wood.jpg

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
We recently built this Charcuterie Serving Board and the wide strip in the center came from a scrap box that we bought. We love the look but would like to know its name so that we can purchase some. It is quarter sawn and was somewhat lighter before we applied the oil. It's going to be offered for sale Saturday in our booth at Blowing Rock NC.
Thanks.
Bob

View attachment 219060
Bobby, it looks like quartersawn Sycamore to me.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I agree with Rob. I had a few small pieces of that. I believe I had gotten it from Scott Smith years ago.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I hate trying to identify wood from a picture...
I agree that this looks like sycamore, but I could show you a piece of quartersawn cherry that looks identical to that "picture" but I will bet the color in person is slightly different from my computer screen?1?!

fjdog

New User
Roland
By the way, nice work on charcuterie board. That's a whole bunch of cutting things apart and gluing them back together! I really like the design too.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
By the way, nice work on charcuterie board. That's a whole bunch of cutting things apart and gluing them back together! I really like the design too.
Thanks guys. It's always the result of a joint effort by my partner Jean and me.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was going to say Sycamore but several beat me to it. With Cherry as a second guess, also late on that guess as well.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS