Wood for trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

liftnaleg1

New User
Chris
Guys I was wondering if someone might want to trade some wood out. I have tons of cherry burl as you can see from the thread " Traveled far and wide for wood ". I would love to have some (Maple) burls, spalted, or figured in some way. Also open to any other types of wood. Please just send some ideas and I will pay for your shipping and mine to complete the deal. If you could send some pics or post some of the wood that would be great. What ever size blank you have I will match all the way up to 18", I have pieces of burls that I can produce 24" burl bowls out of....of course it would have to be end grain turnings, but I have it.

I'm open to trades, purchases, or even lessons...for burl.

Have a great day and god bless....

liftnaleg1

New User
Chris
Man no one has any wood to trade? I will pay for your shipping plus send you some gorgous Cherry burls....Please ask woodartz and Dave O about the burls.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Chris, I wish that I did had some wood to trade for the burls - what are you asking for them as far as money goes?

Rod

New User
Rod
I would be willing to trade, but the only burls I have are cherry. I do have some 14-16" walnut blanks cut right now. I have a huge piece of walnut that will provide burl-type figure, but haven't cut into it yet and don't know when I will get the chance. I also have spalted this and that, but not large pieces.

So I am willing to trade or buy and could come down your way at some point, but I already have huge pieces of cherry burl. I don't know. Maybe a show-and-tell day would be fun.

By the way, have you been in Newton very long? If so, did you know Joe Harvey?
Rod

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would love a few pieces of that cherry burl. What kind of wood are you looking for?

liftnaleg1

New User
Chris
I don't know why but the replies form the memebers are not showing up in the replies thread...All I can see is my post. Guys I'm sorry I haven't got back to you...I just noticed before clicking on thread it said I had 4 replies but when I went in I could only see my two. Clicked on the 4 and read them that way....Guys for $20 I will send you a piece big enough to make a 8-10 bowl and 3-7" thicks You know with burls sometimes the bark can go down 2-3 inches inside....Now if you want to have some of the bark kind of like I do you can get a much bigger bowl out of it...I will round the blank the best I can and mark the center. Also try Private message with other response's this thread is giving me some trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS