WIP - Roubu bench blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
As I get older I tend to forget things a bit more easily. I'm sure none of you know what I'm talking about. :gar-La;

So, I decided to record all the steps I've been taking in my workshop to build various things. It's kind of my aide memoire, which was a small book the Victorians would carry around to record things they wanted to remember. As I say in the intro post, it's really meant for me so I'm writing it for my senile older self to remember what I did.

Currently I'm writing about my ongoing adventure in building my Roubo-style bench. I thought some of you who want to build a bench (or need to but aren't, and you know who you are) might be interested in learning the mistakes I made so you can make your own.

http://incidentalwoodworker.blogspot.com/

The title sort of encapsulates my woodworking. It's not central or essential to my life (though I'd like to make it so), and it's not budgeted (ain't that the truth!), it's just incidental.

Enjoy.

AAAndrew

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Andrew-
I'll have to check it out- I'm finishing up my Roubo this weekend!

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:clamps-clamps-why do I never have enough clamps

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Right up my alley too ... though not sure I'll built the Roubo style bench yet, I am reading up on building a large bench.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Delightful presentation full of good info and humor :icon_thum
At least what I remember was :icon_scra

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS