Wine bottle holder question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck1999

Chris
User
I have been looking at making a few wine bottle holders for presents. Probably not this year . Anyway looking on the internet people say 35, 36, 43, 45 degree angles. As I do not drink alcohol and do therefore do not have any wine bottles I was hoping I could get some help.

I notice most are about 3 inches wide and 9 inches long with anywhere from a 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hole.

Any help on the angle or further explanation of the different angles would be great.

Thanks

Chris

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Chemeleon

Administrator
Matt
I assume you mean the cantilever balancing ones? I did a bunch recently (intended to take to a local store to sell for Christmas, but didn't get around to taking them down there...). I used 3/4x3"x9" stock, cut a 42 deg angle on the bottom, and drilled a 1.25" diameter hole about 7-7.5" from the bottom tip. Then ran a 1/8" roundover bit around the hole so it wouldn't scrape up a label on the neck of a bottle.

The dimensions all seem really flexible though, as you can just slide the bottle in or out slightly until it balances, so just go with whatever looks good to you, though I wouldn't go thinner than 3/4" I don't think.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
There's a lot of flexibility in making those. I don't drink either, so I borrowed a wine bottle from a neighbor's trash and filled it with water for testing. I made some with angled holes, but the recipients weren't impressed, so I made the rest the easy way by drilling a straight 1 3/8" hole. The foot varies around 45* and that's where I start. See how it balances and change the angle as needed. Some of my Christmas run..

2013-09-01_08_52_02.jpg

ck1999

Chris
User
Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking about making a few the next week or so I'll let you know how they turn out.

Thanks again

Chris

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS