wide ash lumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
The last time I was at the Hardwood Store in Gibsonville, see ad at right of this page, they had some nice ash. I don't recall widths, I was going to rip it down for canoe ribs anyway.
The wood I got was 10" and very nice.

I seem to recall them pulling a load out of the back so I could get the lengths I needed. They may have a secret stash you can pull from. give them a call.

pviser

New User
paul
Wow, 13" is pushing the envelope for one board. Would you accept half that width bookmatched to make 13"?

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I've got several 4/4 white ash boards 16" wide and knot free. But they are all in southern IL air drying on sticks.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Check w/ Rick DiNardo at The Woodworking Source in Mooresville (ad on right sidebar). I picked up some ash there just last week & he had some wider boards in the bundle. He may have what you need.

jmauldin

New User
Jim
I have a BIG ash tree in my backyard (see pics in photo gallery under jmauldin) that I would like to have cut down. It would yield some boards 3' wide by 6' long, if it is not hollow on the inside. If you, or anyone is interested in cutting this tree (I can get it kiln dried) I would be willing to split the yield.
Jim in Mayberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors