Whole lot of shaking going on

RoyWarren

New User
Roy
This is not a new idea but I have been using it for years, and it's worth repeating for those who are still shaking those paint and adhesive cans.

All you need is cuzi, an old blade and some duct tape. Of course you will need a reciprocating saw. Beats all that shaking.

Roy - Waxhaw, NC

IMG_0197.JPG

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
I used to give my girls a bonus with their allowance if they shook them for me.:cool:

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Sherwin Williams told me I was nuts when I told them what I do with left over paint. I took a half full 2 year old can of paint to their store and let them open it. They could not believe it was still good. I make sure the top is on tight and store the can upside down. The paint is as perfect as a new full can. I do not know what difference storing it upside down makes but it works. I have been doing this for over 30 years. I did not come up with this I was told by a friend who was not a painter.

I have a can of trim paint I have taken back to them at least 6 times. They are still amazed it works.

Of course this does not solve the shaking issue. This is why I take it back to them to shake. I also like to pull their chain a little.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sherwin Williams told me I was nuts when I told them what I do with left over paint. I took a half full 2 year old can of paint to their store and let them open it. They could not believe it was still good. I make sure the top is on tight and store the can upside down. The paint is as perfect as a new full can. I do not know what difference storing it upside down makes but it works. I have been doing this for over 30 years. I did not come up with this I was told by a friend who was not a painter.

I have a can of trim paint I have taken back to them at least 6 times. They are still amazed it works.

Of course this does not solve the shaking issue. This is why I take it back to them to shake. I also like to pull their chain a little.
I do this with my wood glue bottles. Works perfectly.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thanks for the great idea--I buy Sherwin Williams paint for restoring my tractors and it only costs more than $125 per gallon. The cans may sit for 2-3 years before I need more paint, so I'm happy to find this out!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS