Who wants wood ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbc58

New User
chris
Woodworkers need wood right? Maybe some members here would be interested in the following:

I have some wood from a small old tobacco barn that I tore down about a year and a half ago. There are numerous barn boards, beams, dimensional rough cut lumber, poles, and misc. boards that I hope to utilize to make things with. Most of it is in very good shape. It is being stored at a friends barn and he asked that I move it by this summer.

I would like to find out if anyone here would be interested in buying some of it or trading it in exchange for making furniture or maybe some tools. This stuff is about 20 minutes from where the picnic will be in MAY at Jordan Lake. (it's in Apex).

I would like to get a shaker coffee table made out of some cherry boards I have (see prior posting) and need a "draw knife", chain saw, and misc. other tools. I'm open to suggestions. I planned to use a bunch of this wood for a camp... but that is down the road so I thought I'd ask about this prior to the picnic.

I just posted a message about getting some beams sawed in another forum here.

I hope this is posted in the right section and if not I aplogize in advance. It didn't really fit into the for sale section and with people coming to Jordan Lake in MAY, I thought some might be interested.

Tks.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Man you had me scared there for a minute.

The Lake Jordan picnic is in May. NOT next week.

Do you have any pictures of the wood?

cbc58

New User
chris
I changed the post about the date... sorry about that.

I don't have any pics... and I am guessing at what type it is: exterior boards are pine, some interior pine and maple, beams hard pine and oak, misc. oak, pine and maple dimensional... an assortment.

If I had the space, tools and time I'd keep all this stuff... but I don't have much of either right now.

If you tell me what you need I can go look...

russellellis

New User
Russell
This is why this site may just be one of the friendliest in the world.

If i were in nc, id be interested in buying some.

cbc58

New User
chris
If you are interested in some of it... send me a message through the message board and I'll call you and provide more details. You can come look pretty much anytime on a weekend or when the picnic is ...

I was hoping to find someone to help make a table top/coffee table in exchange for some wood... or barter something else.

Tks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS