Who makes my Craftsman TS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pslamp32

New User
Peter
I've been looking to get a PALS system for my old Craftsman contractors saw. I need to know if it was built by Emerson or Ryobi. Anyone know how to tell? The model # is 113.298762 if that helps. Is this made in China? Not even sure when this saw was made but it's fairly old. Thanks!

Oh, this is what I'm looking to get...

palandtrunon2.jpg

M

McRabbet

Peter,

I am fairly certain that Emerson is the OEM for Sears on that saw, but the definitive cross-reference list that one usually looks at is on the Old Woodworking Machinery website (www.owwm.com) and that site is down for some unknown reason. I have a Sears Radial Arm Saw that was made by Emerson and its Model Number starts with 113. There was a major recall of many Sears/Emerson RAS due to a deficient blade guard and that Model number led me to the recall site run by Emerson.

The PALS jig is supposed to be a good tool for aligning contractor saws, but I do not have any personal experience with it. HTH.

pslamp32

New User
Peter
Thanks Rob. I now do believe it was Emerson made. It matches the bolt size of the trunnions. Is Emerson USA or Asia? Not that it matters, just curious really.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
if it's more than 15 yrs old it was made by emerson and they are a us company still make the ridgid line for home depot i believe.

pslamp32

New User
Peter
No idea how old the saw is since I got it at least second hand. I've determined that it is an Emerson model so I guess that makes it made in the USA. Thanks.

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
I'm certain that 113 is Emerson's number. I've got a list somewhere with the prefixes for the Sears model and I've got a couple of machines that are Emerson made that start with 113. I'm pretty sure Emerson would be USA made.
Rob

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
In-Line Industries, maker of the PALS, will be at the Charlotte show in March. They don't appear on the list of vendors, as they are in with Peachtree. (I called the Woodworking Shows and asked.) I want to get a PALS, and some turned pulleys. Then, I think my little ol mind and body can generate a clone set of PALS. Lets see, aluminum angle - cut into 3/4" slices, 10-24 socket head screws, and 5/16-18 set screws, 2" long, four nuts from Agr-Supply. I think I can, I think I can, I KNOW I can.

M

McRabbet

Glad to hear they are going to be in Charlotte as I'm considering a Dubby.

mtrager

New User
Mitch
I have a chart that indicates the 113 prefix tools were made by Emerson.

If I can figure out how, I will upload the PDF file to the download section.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a PALS system? I can't seem to find any details on it other than it appears to be an improved trunion system for contractor saws.
Who sells them, and how much do they go for?
I tried looking on woodcraft.com but came up empty.

TNX

:kermit: Steve

Steve W

New User
Steve
Thanks, Peter.

Mike, I'm clearing the coffee out of my nose after reading that post :rotflm:

:kermit: Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors