White oak outdoor bench and boiled linseed oil

Matt Furjanic

New User
Matt
I am unsure if this is the preferred finish for an outdoor bench. I have heard of blo and a mixed concoction of additives. What say you?

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I hate Spar (no disrespect ;-)) Just kidding . . . No really . . .

I use Odie's Oil. Easy to apply, maintain and repair.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
think oil will be a problem, in direct sun,no uv protection not a hard finish really not comfortable with oil that can bubble back out

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
think oil will be a problem, in direct sun,no uv protection not a hard finish really not comfortable with oil that can bubble back out

From their website. - Odie's Oil - Original - Information
Food Safe, Solvent Free, Non-toxic Wood Finish and Stabilizer. Easy to Use. Lustrous Sheen In One Coat.
Odie's Oil is great for all species of wood, exotic and domestic. Formulated to work on even the oiliest of woods. Will actually get better with age, becoming more durable and more beautiful!
Contains natural UV inhibitors-sunscreen for your wood!
Odie's Oil is great for interior and exterior applications: Boats, Bright work, Doors, Floors, Decks, Gates, Fine Furniture, Patio Furniture, Bowls, Cutting Boards, Kitchen Implements, Toys, etc., etc. The list goes on and on!

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Looks very interesting, yo me taking DAYS to dry between coats. multiple coats, for me I would not use it, it is a wax product. Just me but i believe i would want a much better exterior product on exterior doors

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Looks very interesting, yo me taking DAYS to dry between coats. multiple coats, for me I would not use it, it is a wax product. Just me but i believe i would want a much better exterior product on exterior doors
That's why they make vanilla and chocolate.
Not that one is better than the other.
It just comes down to personal preference.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS