Which scroll saw?

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Sold my 18 year old DeWalt 788 about 6 months ago, then moved back from overseas, and am pondering getting a new scroll saw. The Woodcraft sale on the King 21 with stand got me looking at the new models and best options. So, I am open to ideas, but I am leaning towards the models: Pegas 21, Seyco 21 and the King 21, all around $750 to $950. Recommendations? All seem to be nice machines. Unfortunately, the Woodcraft sale ends today, or maybe not so unfortunate. Sale prices certainly do appeal to me though and I do want a stand, and perhaps a light.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
It is said I know something about scrolling and scroll saws. It you believe what you hear about me this is my advise. IF I was to get a new saw today I would without a doubt get the Pegas 21. Klingspor is an authorized Pegas saw and also Pegas blade dealer. Of the remaining two I would then pick the Seyco and finally the King. Seyco has second to none customer support. On either of these two I would recommend replacing the blade holders with the Pegas blade holders. They are that much better. Of course the Pegas blade holders are standard on the Pegas saw and cost $90 to add to the Seyco or King.

I would strongly recommend NOT buying what is currently being sold as the new Excalibur. While it looks similar it is a low end knock off of the original. The new DeWalt are also of questionable quality.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: Oka

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS