Where to Find Plastic Resin Glue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I can order it. Do any hardware chains or home building supplies stores carry this? :eusa_thin

I'm in the great city of Rocky Mount so retail options are limited.

Chuck

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Re: Where to Plastic Resin Glue?

To add to Howard's comment:
On DAP Weldwood PRG there is a sticker on the container with a 7 digit code. Ignore the first 3 digits. 4th is the year. 5-7th is the Julian date. Toss it after 12 months.
Most bigger Ace Hardwares carry it.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Re: Where to Plastic Resin Glue?

To add to Howard's comment:
On DAP Weldwood PRG there is a sticker on the container with a 7 digit code. Ignore the first 3 digits. 4th is the year. 5-7th is the Julian date. Toss it after 12 months.
Most bigger Ace Hardwares carry it.

Great info on the date code. Ace hardware nearby says they carry it.

Should be gluing up tonight or tomorrow!! :eusa_danc

Chuck

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
PRG = Plastic Resin Glue.
Is that the same as Cascamite that used to be on the market? The brown stuff that's mixed with water?

I had wondered where I'd buy some, now I think by calling it a different name, the same old stuff is on the market about anywhere.

I've got a Workrite wood welder and while the titebond 3 sort of works, it is a little gummy and I've gotten to miss the lack of cold flow for Cascamite.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Thanks for that.
I really handn't considered the places that cater mostly to the hobbiest, but I guess that things have evolved some in both directions. Its good to find industrial grade supplies there.

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
I get mine from Ace hardware online - It's about 25bucks for a 5 pound bucket of DAP weldwood.

You can also get Unibond (A liquid you mix with a powder) from Vacu-Press.

Hope this helps

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Thanks for all the helpful posts.

I got the DAP Weldwood PRG but didn't see a date code. It was very dry, very fine powder so I reckon it's good. I mixed a batch 5 parts powder to 2 parts water by volume and stirred it up good. Pretty easy to work with and planty of time to assemble everything.

After I finished I put the tub in a ziploc and evacuated most of the air. Hope it keeps for a while.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS