Where to buy sheet goods in/around Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

bimbim

New User
Brendan Sarradet
DaveO,

You may be speaking of Horizon Forest Products, in Fuquay. That is where I buy most of my sheet goods. It is a ways for me(Wake Forest) but I have found they will deliver if I order around $300 or more at a time. They have a pretty good selection of just about anything you could want, sheet goods and hardwoods. I have an account there, but I do still have to call to confirm prices on any project I bid. As with big lumber suppliers, be careful of the hardwoods...as they may be 8 ft. long or they may be 16 ft. long. I visited Raleigh Hardwoods and was disappointed in the HARDWOOD selection. Maybe I was lost, who knows. I have not visited Hardwood Store of NC but it sounds like I might need to.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yes, that is who I was referring to. Maybe I need to stop by again and give them another try. BTW good luck with your business endevors. You're doing what I could only dream of. Dave:)

bimbim

New User
Brendan Sarradet
DaveO,

I thought I might mention that I think that location for Horizon Forest Products is geared for businesses. I don't know how they respond to the weekend woodworker. Good luck.

bimbim

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Obviously, not as well as they would to regular customers, hence the slight brush off I received. But my money is as green as anyone's. Usually when I buy wood I buy a fair amount...I make a lot of mistakes and hate having to go back to the store. Maybe you guys who buy from there in quantity could let us weekend warriors know when you're placing an order and throw a couple dozen extra board feet on it. Just a thought???? Dave:)

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I had to sit around for about 30 minutes while he's on the phone one time and I've only been there 5-6 times. But he's always been pleasant and has a joke or two when he's done. You have to consider though, that he is not in retail. As for pricing, I feel that it's more to do with broken bundles than anything. I stopped by one day last week for some 3/8" and he said that he had some 1/2" for $10 if that would work. I would like to have a retail store like the Hardwood Store as described close by, because I can't throw 4X8 sheets around like I used to could! But at the cost of gas, I save money by paying twice at HD and using their panel saw.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS