Where to buy insulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRock

New User
Gil
OK, I'm about ready to purchase the insulation for the shop/house.......
any good sources out there besides HD/Lowe's?.

I'm looking for 3,750 sqft of R-30, 24" X 48" batts, paper faced. I've got one quote( installed) from an insulation company that basically meets the HD/Lowes price (material only), so obvisiously there's a good bit of mark up involved.

TIA

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I only priced HD and Lowes and the prices were exactly the same. The only suggestion I have is the blown in was substantially cheaper than the batts for attics.

M

McRabbet

Gil,

I'm not sure if 84 Lumber in Statesville can beat the Lowes/HD prices -- I bought mine from Lowes last year when there was a good rebate on the pink stuff ($75 on each $250). Check other contractor lumber yards as well. If you've got any friends that build houses, they may have a source as well. For the amount you want, you may need to check in Charlotte.

Rob

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
I have insulated two houses in the last 3 years. I got installed quotes from insulation contractor and then priced the insulation at Lowes. I could not purchase the insulation for what the insulation contractor was going to charge to furnish the material and install it. So I didn't touch the stuff.

DavidF

New User
David
I went cheap and went R13 for the shop walls and ceiling - seems to do the job in these warmer climates - or am I just hardened after NH???

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
I'm not real sure that you need to go with an R30 either, but definitely up to you. If you have an insulating company that is willing toprovide and install the material for the same price as just the material at lowes or home depot I would go for that. Just the hassle of not having to mess with that fiberglass insulation would be reason enough for me. I doubt you will find a different price.

HardRock

New User
Gil
Just to follow up,

I did get two quotes from insulation contractors here in Statesville and their turn key installed prices were within 50 -100 dollars of Lowes' & HD pricing for just material. Neither was contractor was interested in just selling me the insulation, they indicated it would only save me "$200 -$250" by only getting the material from them. I checked with a friend in Va, just north of Danville and he check with the contractor he got his insulation from a couple years ago...........I can go pick it up in Va. ans save $1,000....and that's figuring a couple hundred for gas to drive the dually and pull the big trailer. Looks like I'll be putting it in myself.

FYI the R-30 is code for where I'm putting the insulation and my main living area will be basically in the attic space of the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors