Where is Cap'n Eddie Castelin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I used to watch Cap'n Eddie Castelin on a pretty regular basis - I have been out of touch for a while (keeping up on my NCWW interaction I guess?)

But has anyone heard from him and what he is doing?

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
I've been following a bit through IAP and their facebook site. He's had some pretty severe medical conditions and is very slowly recovering.

His daughter has been posting updates on his FB site pretty regularly.

lonehunter

New User
Jeff
Sorry to see this! I have been watching his videos this week. Hope he gets back to normal! At least his normal.

Jeff

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
He was up here in late July doing some woodturning club demos. He was not in top condition then. It was obvious he was doing his best for the audience despite being distracted by discomfort.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
He was up here in late July doing some woodturning club demos. He was not in top condition then. It was obvious he was doing his best for the audience despite being distracted by discomfort.
Sounds like him, do your commitments first - think about yourself last!

Do you do Facebook Bob?
As Carl said "His daughter has been posting updates on his FB site pretty regularly."

I am going to try to keep up with him there...

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
My wife does FB so I get to look in through her account. I don't think I'm all that interesting to others, but i do enjoy seeing what others are up to. I guess I'm just a cowardly social voyeur.

I did find Capt. Eddie's page very interesting. His condition is no big surprise. My heart went out to him when I saw the illness demons he was fighting just to look at his audience and smile. I hope he recovers soon and gets back on the tube. That guy could make raking leaves sound like fun and interesting.

awldune

Sam
User
I believe it is cancer, from what other Youtubers have said.

My favorite woodturner on Youtube, Larry from the "Tiny Trailer Workshop" is also battling cancer :(

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I guess I'm just a cowardly social voyeur.

That guy could make raking leaves sound like fun and interesting.

(most people are more interesting than they think they are - but even more that that - most people are Social Voyeurs!)

I really agree that he can make anything fun and interesting - I was 15 or 20 minutes into a Capn' video and thought to myself, "What am I doing - I will NEVER try this, have no interest - I am just watchin'! ha ha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS