Where can I buy clear pine boards in the Columbia, SC area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpone

New User
Harpone
In 8 years of woodcraft activity I have rarely purchases a piece of wood: dumpsters, woodyard scrap, home building sites, friends and even a swap have filled my needs and then some. I just bought Lowndes" Noah's Ark Puzzle patterns and want to make some ark puzzles for great grandchildren. Lowndes recommends pine or birch for the projects and I have nothing to fit the bill. Does anyone know of a source in the Columbia area for the wood I need? I actually think 1" by 6" will work for the medium sized ark. I could also get by with short pieces as nothing in the pattern is more than 7". A lumber yard in Lugoff used to let me pick the scrap bin (dump truck) but will no longer do so because of safety/liability concerns.:(

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
As a last resort I think Lowes does sell some clear pine. I think they call it cabinet grade pine.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Home Depot had clear softwood when I was in there last Saturday. I was in the store in Lexington but I would expect the others to have similar stock. I bought the cheaper grade instead for the shelf I needed in the closet. For your project, I would probably still buy the cheaper grade of wood and just not use the part with the knots. When you need small pieces, it's normally easy to work around knots. But if you really want clear they have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS