What's new in ncww burial urn outreach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

It's been awhile since I've posted about the Burial Urn Project, and at the same time, we want to bring new members up to speed on what the project is.
The NCWW Burial Urns For Veterans Project, is another outreach project of NCWW. It's purpose is to provide a quality wooden burial urn to the family of any veteran whose cremains are to be interred in any State or National Veterans Cemetery in North Carolina, or any NC veteran interred at Arlington National Cemetery.
The project is totally funded by donations, with lumber and supplies to construct the urns being provided by several suppliers through their generosity. All of those who have contributed materially to the project, and there are quite a few, will be named and thanked here in the forum, and also publicly in the near future. Watch for it!
We adopted a new size for the urns, so that the urn we present to the cemeteries, and families, will meet the requirements of all cemeteries involved. Skymaster, who has graciously taken over production of the urns, along with his trusty side kick JackLeg, are now building all urns to this new standard. Have no fear for the old size urns, as these have all been designated to be placed at Western Carolina Veterans Cemetery, and Salisbury National Veterans Cemetery. The new size urn is currently in production and does meet all size requirements for ALL our Veterans Cemeteries.
Skymaster and JackLeg are currently working on another project to make some unique plaques to be presented to those suppliers who have aided our project. Watch for pictures of the plaques to be published here in the near future!
Finally, (yea! I'm almost done) I send out this plea once again, if any of you have an urn, or urn flat pack hiding away in your shop, we'd love to collect these up, as our inventory is now dwindling down, and a new production run is currently under way.
If you'd like to aid in this very worthy community outreach project, just give a shout out, and we'll get back to you.
On behalf of the whole Urns For Veterans team, Raymond, JackLeg, Skymaster, and me, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS