What is the best way to remove router burn on an inside corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
This is about a 7/8" radius, solid maple. I spent about 15 minutes on it and got nowhere. What would be a good way to clean this up? I tried a Dremel sanding disk, but that didn't make any impact either.

Image1738046756.jpg

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
You may just find the burn is deeper then you think. That said, you may have to remove more material to remove the burn, possibly more than you want.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I have, at times, used the router bit itself as a scraper; I hand held the bit. That was on a profile burn, on the exterior, not the interior. Nevertheless it provides a sharp scraping edge that will fit the profile and the space.
Your results may vary.

Henry

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I'm with Henry on this. I use the router bit as a scraper and it has worked beautifully every time. Good luck.

Red

BKHam

Bradley
User
I'm with Henry on this. I use the router bit as a scraper and it has worked beautifully every time. Good luck.

Red

I'll have to try that one Red, really good idea.

i get burning on the finger holds on the occasional cutting board i do, i use a corebox bit which seems like what mike used. I found the dremel sand paper mini spindles to be ineffective. however the dremel can work, I recently bought some dremel abrasive wheels that work pretty well. fine abrasive cutting burr's work as well. for the price of one kutzall you can get all of these:

[FONT=&quot]http://a.co/dAZoJ9U

[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors