What can I get for my lumber?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
(There is already a thread called Lumber prices, so I figured I'd use something different)
I'm moving soon, and plan to sell most of my lumber since I won't be able to do any woodworking for a while. Assortment of walnut, cherry, mahogany, beech, cypress etc. Any idea where to find a list of what this typically sells for in this area? Not looking to make a killing, not looking to lose my shirt.

(Trust me, you want me to keep my shirt on at all times.)

(Actually, that goes for most people on the site here)

And for those wanting to know because they can't help themselves - I'm in North Raleigh, and soon.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
I can help you out with some cypress assuming its selling at a reasonable price.
You get to keep your shirt

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
A Basic rule on Craig's if you take current prices and discount 50% it will sell pretty quickly and it is usually more than you paid for it.
I have about 450 bd ft of mahogany I will sell (in Hawaii) Looks like I am getting 4-5 times what I paid for it based on the above calculation.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I'll offer a dollar a board. ;) just think how good you'll feel while keeping your shirt!:p but I have to take it all......:rolleyes:

bbrown

Bill
User
I'm interested in the mahogany, walnut, cherry if the price is right. Any figured stuff in there?

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
I've got the Hardware Store printed price list, only a week old. I'll be happy to bring it over for a couple of boards of ebony or if I were really greedy, a couple of 2x4s.

SamE0717

New User
SamE0717
Hardwood's Store claims to keep their website prices updated daily so that is probably as quick and easy + local retail market price your going to find.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
You also might want to check NHLA grade rules. It will define what are considered quality downgrading defects. FAS is one thing and #1 common is quite another. Top prices can be gotten for FAS grade hardwoods.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
this all seems very complicated, how about you bring it all to my house...I'll make up an elaborate story of how it isn't worth much and then suggest it could even be dangerous for you to carry back home so you should let me do you a favor and keep it :cool:

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Steve Wall has a price list for reference.

Price it so you can sell all of it, not in bits and pieces.

Its basically a fire sale, look at it this way: you're helping another ww'er.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
If you have any shorts, say 2bf or less, I would be happy to cart them away.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS