What a finish!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
The members of NCWW deserve a big round of applause. The donation drive ended yesterday on a very successful note. The format and frequency of the drives has changed. Rather than having four 30 day quarterly drives, the board of directors decided to have two 45 day drives. We got off to a good start (approximately $600 during the first week), but then things slowed considerably. Nine days before the end, we had received only $1,280 and there was some doubt that we would reach our goal. As can be determined from the thermometer, we ended the drive with $2,815 of donations. One thing that has been learned from this experience is that we should never doubt the membership of this organization. That is very evident by what occurred during the past nine days. The membership stepped up, when it counted, and showed their support for what we have here. I believe that the results of this campaign dramatically show that what this site provides is something that is valued by many, many people.

The board of directors thank each of the donors for their support and contribution and realize that contributions can be measured in ways other than financial. We are also appreciative of those who are active participants of this site and have been instrumental in making NCWW the best woodworking site on the internet.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Ditto to what Stuart said. In addition, it is such generosity that allows us to run this organization without dues. Contributions come in many ways, monetary, knowledge, assistance, pony express, etc. All are valuable and appreciated.

Doug

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Wow! Nice job down the stretch! + 100 to what Stuart and Doug said. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

It's kind've funny. I was talking to my dad about NCWWer. He has met a few of the other members through PE and he said to me, "you know, everyone that I've met from the "woodworker thing" are really great people." He just couldn't say enough about it. And of course, he's right. :icon_thum

aplpickr

New User
Bill
I suggest that you try Reacurring Donations from PayPal. I have used this on another ww forum for several years. For a very small monthly amount, annually similar to the cost of a magazine, I support the web site. I happens a day after pay day and is almost painless.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I suggest that you try Reacurring Donations from PayPal. I have used this on another ww forum for several years. For a very small monthly amount, annually similar to the cost of a magazine, I support the web site. I happens a day after pay day and is almost painless.

We have several members currently set up on recurring donations. If anyone wants to be set up on a program where they are reminded or sent a pledge form, we can and will do it.

M

McRabbet

I echo the kudos to all that make donations in any form to the NC Woodworker. While it takes some monetary input to keep the site fiscally sound, it is the generosity of our members sharing their experiences -- both ups or downs -- that is the core strength of this great forum. We all do what we can (I'm retired and use a recurring pledge to make my contributions to spread them out over the year) and every bit helps to make the website, the picnic and other activities all possible. Aside from our two donation drives, and the pledge system that is quarterly, members can donate anytime by clicking on the Donate button.

While our donation drive is over, here is a positive warning to help some more and your chance to be rewarded, too -- you ain't seen nothing until we unveil the Spring Raffle! It is coming April 15th!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
:icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum

And I thought this thread was going to be about lacquer or shellac....

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Congratulations NCWW on another successful drive! NOW, if we can just obtain non profit status so contributions will be tax deductable, I predict even greater things!
:wsmile:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
NOW, if we can just obtain non profit status so contributions will be tax deductable, I predict even greater things!

Dude, that is in the works. It really, really is. It is just PAINFUL. We had to have policies rewritten, new documents established, and LOTS of other stuff that I prefer not to think about....:XXfridge:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Thanks so much to all that donate in any form to ncww:notworthy::notworthy:. An awesome finish it was.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Congratulations North Carolina Woodworker on another successful drive! NOW, if we can just obtain non profit status so contributions will be tax deductable, I predict even greater things!

We have been working hard at this and have not dropped the ball on our goal of achieving non-profit status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors