Well........will have a new addition to the shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
I went and purchased another craftsman tool, or crapsman as you many of you would call it. But sears had a deal on the 22104 14" bandsaw. Got it for $319. I have yet to read a bad review about this bandsaw, and it appears to be very close to the rikon. The craftsman does have a few added features such as cast iron wheels, and comes with a fence. I should pick it up today if i have time. I figured for the price...I couldn't go wrong given all of the good reviews the saw has recieved....even some by former craftsman haters.

I was getting ready to order the grizzly 513x which is a 17" bandsaw, but after seeing the price on this one...figured I would save some money, and it would meet all of my immediate needs.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Congrats on the saw. You'll have fun with it, regardless of the brand. (Sometimes talking tool brands is like talking religion or politics.)

However... your post does not count as a gloat until you post a photo of the new saw:-D.

Ray

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
hey bro don't down play craftsman too much,,lol. Granted they are not the top end of tools. But in my book it it fits my budget at the time and is the best tool I can afford, does the job to what I expect, and holds out until I can upgrade its the right tool for me. Congratulations friend and make sure you get some pics when your done setting it up.

Last edited:

woodguy1975

New User
John
I thought I finally had you trained...... :-:)-:)-:)-(

You are supposed to spend 4x your original budget on all tool purchases. :lol::lol::lol:

It will make a good second bandsaw for you when you buy another in a year or two. :BangHead::BangHead::rolf:

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
22104 14" bandsaw

Brandon, that 22xxx is the prefix for the Orion tablesaws. Is the bandsaw made by Orion? Or is it possible to tell from that?

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
bladeburner...I am not sure exactly who it is made by. I can tell you that it is very close to the rikon. I believe the craftsman gives an extra inch of resaw, comes with fence, and cast iron wheels. I was wondering the same thing. This saw has recieved very good reviews on woodnet.....a good many people over there have purchased this saw. I also have the 22104 table saw, and so far it has been great with no complaints.

Woodguy I just figured I should start the competition out right. I mean why start with a big bandsaw when you can start with a small one and then by a big one and keep both :eusa_danc I managed to cut my original budget in half though on this purchase....so I am a happy camper, and I think it will meet most my needs.

Monty

New User
Monty
That's a great price, and if the bandsaw is as good as it sounds, you will be happy!

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I went and purchased another craftsman tool, or crapsman as you many of you would call it. But sears had a deal on the 22104 14" bandsaw. Got it for $319. I have yet to read a bad review about this bandsaw, and it appears to be very close to the rikon. The craftsman does have a few added features such as cast iron wheels, and comes with a fence. I should pick it up today if i have time. I figured for the price...I couldn't go wrong given all of the good reviews the saw has recieved....even some by former craftsman haters.

I was getting ready to order the grizzly 513x which is a 17" bandsaw, but after seeing the price on this one...figured I would save some money, and it would meet all of my immediate needs.

There's something to be said for saving money and getting good value...apparently I've just never listened!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't see how you can go wrong with local pickup. If it works well, you win (with money left for another toy!)...if not, return it and get the Griz (you still win). A Win-Win situation is good.

I have read a lot of good reviews on that machine. Get er set up and let us know whatcha think.

(Suckage saved pending proof attachment.)

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS