Well I did it ........got wood.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Well ....... I bid on a lot of hard wood Mahogany both Santos and African , as well as poplar, maple, teak, afrormosia, oak, sapele, and others I forget.

I have roughly 15-1600 bd ft of wood. Once I get it shaken out I'll update exactly what I have, and see if anyone is interested in buying some It cost me about 1.30-1.40 per bd ft for it. I will not be able to use all this so, I just need to get what I have in it.

Last edited:

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Wow, congratulations Oka! That's quite a haul! Where are you located? that would be good to know as many of us are located around the Triangle area. Thanks for the offer!

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I actually can get materiel to Calif for free. From is the issue. Looking into seeing if I can piggy back on one of the Calif to Charlotte deliveries. We will see

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
I actually can get materiel to Calif for free. From is the issue. Looking into seeing if I can piggy back on one of the Calif to Charlotte deliveries. We will see
Out of curiosity, how did you come to find our little place on the interwebs? You are quite a distance from most of our members and its great to see new people from all over.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Oka - are you living in Charlotte now or in Hawaii?

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Hawaii - Job relocation from Mooresville. I am a Sr.Construction Manager/ forensic building expert, or so I've been told. (Expert = common sense). Wasn't sure I would like it but TBH, it is pretty nice. On Oahu now probably moving to the Big Island next then retire there. I do miss NC quite a bit though, just not Charlotte traffic.

I used to and still build from time to time musical instruments. Getting ready to build a harpsichord, similar to what George Wilson's colonial post shows, though this one will be for me. I have basically all the wood now except the soundboard. So, trying to decide whether to go with Sika or Red Cedar.

FYI lowest temp per year here is 62 average high 95 270 days 78-83 average

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Used to live in Mooresville, got a job relocation to here. Getting used to the local speak takes some getting used to......

u no tell me what fo do = please do not tell me what to do

shoot'em one wata' = hose it down ....... and on an on

One thing - Da'kine essentially used as "ummm", "you know" or "awesome" .... welcome to local speak.

Essentially, a weird mix of English, Hawaiian, Japanese,and Filipino.

Out of curiosity, how did you come to find our little place on the interwebs? You are quite a distance from most of our members and its great to see new people from all over.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
So you are thinking for some of us to buy it BEFORE you load it and ship it to Hawaii, right?
(Hey, this is REALLY special Mahogany - it has been around the world, no, REALLY! ha ha)

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
LOL ........ nah more wishful thinking than anything. I gotta see what I got just got more than I need, like uhhh... 800 bd ft more than I need but price was right.

So you are thinking for some of us to buy it BEFORE you load it and ship it to Hawaii, right?
(Hey, this is REALLY special Mahogany - it has been around the world, no, REALLY! ha ha)

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Well you definitely have everyone's interest up. The price seems great, we'll just have to see abound the logistics. Keep ud updated please.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS