Well... I am back... at least I think so...

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
First, thank you to everyone who checked on me, I really appreciate it.

Shortly after the announcement of Covid-19 lock-downs in March we were told to work from home, in a secondary collapse of personal freedom, all company equipment was locked-down from many sites considered to be potential "wasters of company time"
I appealed, but was denied use of electronic company equipment for many sites including NCWW...

So, I used my personal laptop, but that was a pain switching between the two machines and then in an unfortunate incident, my personal laptop stopped working! I spoke with someone and learned it was not worth repairing the old machine and in the "uncertain times" we were dealing with, I was not comfortable going out getting a new one. The next step in the loss of personal freedom was the establishment of a cybersecurity division at work, they decided to further "lock-down" access to social media websites so that an employee is not able to post!

I learned a friend of mine had purchased a tablet and was able to access some of his NFL and college football sights by logging on via a "back-door" (our guest web access)!

I got an amazon fire tablet and with this work-around am excited to be back on our GREAT forum!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
That was a long story, but I’m glad you are back! ;)

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Hi Hank,glad to see you back !.
Yeah, been having the same issues at work because of Covid, but unfortunately, several of our trade guys contracted Covid and one of them died, only mid-40's. So, the Military decided to suspend the project until after the 1st of the year.
Anyway, computers, tablets, etc, best advice keep current, I know it is a cost but it is like a car, you need it to always work.

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
First, thank you to everyone who checked on me, I really appreciate it.

Shortly after the announcement of Covid-19 lock-downs in March we were told to work from home, in a secondary collapse of personal freedom, all company equipment was locked-down from many sites considered to be potential "wasters of company time"
I appealed, but was denied use of electronic company equipment for many sites including NCWW...

So, I used my personal laptop, but that was a pain switching between the two machines and then in an unfortunate incident, my personal laptop stopped working! I spoke with someone and learned it was not worth repairing the old machine and in the "uncertain times" we were dealing with, I was not comfortable going out getting a new one. The next step in the loss of personal freedom was the establishment of a cybersecurity division at work, they decided to further "lock-down" access to social media websites so that an employee is not able to post!

I learned a friend of mine had purchased a tablet and was able to access some of his NFL and college football sights by logging on via a "back-door" (our guest web access)!

I got an amazon fire tablet and with this work-around am excited to be back on our GREAT forum!

good grief. good to hear from you.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Hank, i've been working from home since March as well and it seems like every month we get a forced install of some new cyber security software so they can further monitor our activity. Social media has never been allowed on our laptops but luckily forums are still allowed, i'd rather be on here than social media anyway :)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS