Welding Woodworker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRD

New User
Jim
I'm looking for someone on the Cary/Raleigh area who can do a simple weld for me.

While on the lathe this morning for my calendar entry this year, the tool rest broke off, right at the top of it's post. Anyone willing to weld the two back together?

Thanks,

Jim

Rob

New User
Rob
Sure, but you'll have to bring it to Sanford, about 30 or so minutes down hwy 1.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
My word man! Why would you want to weld two woodworkers together. I mean I understand the efficiency part. But what if one is a handtool-man, and the other a power-man. Sorry for the dry humor, if I were still there I have a great welder and marginal welding skills.

dlrion

New User
Dan
Yeah... if it is Cast or "Pot" Iron, it will be pretty impossible to weld....

Sorry to burst the bubble!

Rob

New User
Rob
I can weld cast, it won't be as strong as welding steel but I can weld it, pot metal, no dice.

Rob

New User
Rob
Jim, magnets will stick to cast also. Welding cast is a bit tricky, but not impossible. But my bet is it's steel also.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
If Rob can't get to it (or if you need someone closer), I can take care of it for you. Cast Iron is no problem (unless it is an extremely poor quality cast such as "pot iron"). Last weekend I welded up a 100 year old cast iron lamp bracket for another NCWW member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS