Watco wipe on poly

Jerry C

New User
Jerry
I am finishing a bookcase toybox project for a family member.. I used Watco wiping varnish and it nearly ruined the project.....too thick and dries too rough. I couldn't find Minwax anywhere locally....I have used Minwax on dozens of projects and it always works flawlessly. I thinned the Watco for the second coat and it did not do much better. Never again will I use Watco. I will try to find a supplier of Minwax and keep some on hand for future projects.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I am finishing a bookcase toybox project for a family member.. I used Watco wiping varnish and it nearly ruined the project.....too thick and dries too rough. I couldn't find Minwax anywhere locally....I have used Minwax on dozens of projects and it always works flawlessly. I thinned the Watco for the second coat and it did not do much better. Never again will I use Watco. I will try to find a supplier of Minwax and keep some on hand for future projects.
Jerry, so sorry you experienced problems with the Watco brand, I have been there so I understand. As to sourcing the Minwax brand, if you have an Ace Hardware close by, I have had success there.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS