Wanted: Someone to build a pedestal table.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
A family member has a friend that wants someone to build them a 5’ round table with a pedestal base. Finished gloss black. They are located in Fuguay. I know I don’t want to do it, I know it will be cheaper to buy it. I promised I would ask. So, I’m asking. Please, give me a price.

Phillip Mitchell

Phillip
User
Berta,

I’d imagine it would be difficult for anyone to give a price at this point in the process. Is there a design in place? What species of wood? When you say gloss black what does this mean to the clients? Piano black type gloss or ebonized type finish where the wood grain is still prominent, but primarily dark/black, or painted black?

Maybe you will find someone who has plenty of time and skills and would do it for little more than the cost of materials; that does happen from time to time, though a dining table requires a significant amount of time/labor. As a professional that has to place a certain value on my time and workshop, I would start pricing for a project like this at around $6000 and go up from there depending on details, but that’s a wild guess because of lack of details.

Maybe this is helpful (?) but they won’t get very far with getting a firm price without specific details. Perhaps they have a budget in their head that they do not want to / cannot exceed which could help dictate some design details?

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
It’s perfect, my experience has been, if I bought you the wood….
I don’t do this. I will pass this information along.

It is actually great feedback.

Michler55

New User
Ben
A family member has a friend that wants someone to build them a 5’ round table with a pedestal base. Finished gloss black. They are located in Fuguay. I know I don’t want to do it, I know it will be cheaper to buy it. I promised I would ask. So, I’m asking. Please, give me a price.
I’m just outside Fuquay. I would certainly need to know more details, but if I threw out a rough number I’d say $2500. This is not my primary profession so I have the ability to charge a bit less, knowing the completion time will be longer than coming from a wood shop.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS