Wanted: Small to Medium Size Motor w/Blower Combo for Dust Catcher

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Let me explain what I'm looking for! I have dust collection and so forth, but when power carving, dust collection can be way overkill! I'm looking for a smaller motor / blower combo unit that I can easily move around can build a filter unit onto the front. Something that can be set up on the bench or assembly table in front of the work area close by where I would be carving to easily pull in the dust generated and capture it in the filters.

Thanks!
Michael

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Michael, I think you should look at Matthias Wandel's dust collection ideas. He built a small dust collector something like you describe.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'd check the local restore and if you come across any farm auctions, they often have small motors and blowers.

Not sure if Northern Tool or HF would sell something like you're looking for, but you might check them out.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Michael, I think you should look at Matthias Wandel's dust collection ideas. He built a small dust collector something like you describe.
Thanks Jim, but I don't really want to build one. I'm just looking for something smaller in size that will do the job. I may have found one on Craigslist that pretty close to me too!

fulldec

Don
Corporate Member
Not sure if this will work for your needs but I sit this on the end of a table were I generate a lot of sanding dust. Works great, portable, quiet, cheap and you may already have the parts.

Don

Attachments

• Box Fan dust catcher.jpg
    Box Fan dust catcher.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 163
Last edited:

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Not sure if this will work for your needs but I sit this on the end of a table were I generate a lot of sanding dust. Works great, portable, quiet, cheap and you may already have the parts.

Don
I do have one of those fans Don! Maybe I'll try that! Didn't think about it! Thanks!

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
About a year ago I bought the small Rikon air cleaner for use on small drywall jobs. It works great. It has three speeds plus a timer and is very portable, about 30 pounds. I am thinking about buying another. Retail is about $200

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors