WANTED: Delta Unifence rail

donefootball

New User
Matt
I am looking for the rails for a Delta Unifence. The model is 10" Delta Platinum Edition Contractor Saw (don't think it matters).

donefootball

New User
Matt
I do not know which rail type I would need. Do you know how I would tell? I believe the 30 or 52 will work because the saw has an extension table. Any help is much appreciated.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
The differences in the fence rails are in the configuration of the extrusion where it meets and mounts to the saw table. The old style has a solid channel with unthreaded bolt holes- making it a real pain to mount, while the newer style has a T- track like slot on the back so it is much easier to mount and position. Both have the same top and large fence casting lock T Slot. I have an old, used 52" rail I would sell.

index.php

donefootball

New User
Matt
The differences in the fence rails are in the configuration of the extrusion where it meets and mounts to the saw table. The old style has a solid channel with unthreaded bolt holes- making it a real pain to mount, while the newer style has a T- track like slot on the back so it is much easier to mount and position. Both have the same top and large fence casting lock T Slot. I have an old, used 52" rail I would sell.

index.php

How much do you want and where are you located?

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
You are very LUCKY to find a rail for your Unifence. On national web sites, regularly I see request seeking Unifence rails, which go unanswered, or are too far away to make it feasible to transport. Years ago, I LENT Asheville Hardware the locking block out of a spare fence, which they were back ordered on. Well Delta / B&D/ Stanley decided to stop making Unifences, so now I need to get my neighbor (retired machinest) to make the locking block for me. I want to install Unifence on my Unisaw, when and if I get it set up. Unisaw only been in my shop for 15 years, so there is no rush.

Last edited:

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Some years ago I was going to cut the old rail into two pieces- add one piece to my bandsaw (I have a second fence casting but could find the rip fence) and attach the other half to a drop down extension table I had planned to build and add to the left side of my right-tilt Unisaw. I never did either project and at this point probably never will. It is not new- just cosmetic damage, but it is fully serviceable.

Matt, I am located in Washington in Eastern NC, about 18 mi. east of Greenville and ECU, and about 2 hr. east of Raleigh on Rte 264. If you or anyone else is interested in my old rail send me a PM. A month ago I thought I had a buyer but the shipping to Colorado was outrageous. Though there is not a lot of service out here in East Carolina, NCWW Poney express is a lot cheaper! :) I'll be headed to RDU on 4 Feb and would be willing to drop it off somewhere along the way.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS