Walnut primitive hunt board

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
As you know, I sold all of the walnut lumber with the exception of enough to complete a started project. I am building a hunt board for a friend. I have completed the main structure and the top. Now comes the internal supports for the drawers. Then the drawers will be constructed with white oak as well as the runners and guides.

IMG_1674.JPG

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Dino, that is going to be a beautiful piece and the wood is stunning. That said, I couldn't help but notice your shop floor! It looks great...how long has it been down?

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looking good!
you should wipe a little DNA on that case front and take a picture.
(that way I can cry a even harder since I didn't say "I'll take it" when you posted the walnut for sale...)

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Mike, Thanks and how's the hand? And thanks to you Hank and how's your hand? Donn, the floor has been down about ten years and as you can see it is moving around quite a bit. Cheap laminate and I DO NOT recommend it. Surface chips when something is dropped on it and is very slippery if at all dusty. Bamboo would be much more preferable. If I were not getting so "long in the tooth" I would replace it but I might instead paint it

Reactions: drw

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
You are welcome Dino,
Hand is good, My wife drove me to Augusta this morming for my follow-up.
Everything looks good.
I plan to add an update in the original thread with "The rest of the story"!:cool:

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
The piece looks great as does the floor. Tell me though, how in the world do you keep your shop so clean. I use dust collectors on everything and still have to vacuum every day at least and it is still not that clean!

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Put a final coat of paste wax on the hunt board this morning and got it delivered this afternoon just in
time for a birthday surprise. Finish is a wipe on poly and I could not be more pleased with it - especially
how easy and idiot proof it is. Turned out not to bee too primitive.

Attachments

• IMG_1712.JPG
    IMG_1712.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 153

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Came out great - but you better watch it - Kevin O'Leary is going to want royalties (you can see his and Lori Griner's reflection in the glass!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS