Walnut Nightstand

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Slowly, but surely, I am making a bedroom for the LOML. I finished her nightstand today. She's tickled with it. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. It is from Black Walnut ( obtained from Jeff... ). The LOML loves the Walnut. I just hope I have enough to complete the dresser and armiore. Finish is just a couple coats of poly. And my son just can't resist jumping in front of a camera. One note, I did let my son put the finish on the drawer, and the front door. I think he did great.

Thanks for looking...

This nightstand is now paired with the bed I made a while back.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I like the look of the night stand in walnut. You did a great job, and your son looks like he is proud of his work also.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Clay, that's a fine looking piece, you've done the wood proud :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum A couple of questions. Why did you decided to run the grain of the door panel in the horizontal orientaiton. And what is going on under the top overhang?? I am sure it a photo thing but there looks to be orange squares under there :dontknow::dontknow:

Dave:)

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
CLay buddy great job. You need to quit with the bedrrom stuff dude. You keep getting me in trouble with my wife. After all your the one that started me with the Bed plans. Remember??
Hey let me know if you run a bit short on the Walnut. I might be able to help you out.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Hey let me know if you run a bit short on the Walnut. I might be able to help you out.

Sweet! Thanks Mac! I'll keep that in mind.

Ahh... Dave, your question are easy to answer.
The overhang... definitely a photo bug when I reduced the size of the picture for upload.

And running the grain horizontal... That was out of necessity. The only pieces of walnut I had left was just the right size to fit that way. The piece is a little wider than taller, or would that be taller than wider? I didn't want to cut into a whole nuther piece.

T

toolferone

what is going on under the top overhang?? I am sure it a photo thing but there looks to be orange squares under there :dontknow::dontknow:
Dave:)

It looks shadows to me?

Clay nice looking work. I was wondering the same thing about the door panel.

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Great job on the nitestand and bed.Walnut looks great all the time.When is the dresser and chest gonna be started?Tony

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Clay I too have some remaining Black Walnut from Jeff if you need it. Some is still rough and some has been plained. Just let me know.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS