Walnut Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlrion

New User
Dan
I turned this a while back, and I haven't finished it until now. I got some catches that I couldn't get out, and the finish did not really turn out like I was hoping for.

oh well...
100_1304.JPG

View image in gallery

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Beautiful work Dan. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up I know the feeling. I've had a walnut bowl taking up space in my shop for almost a month now that I'm just not happy with. Sanded it by hand for the better part of a day and it's still not good enough. It's on the back burner for now, until a few other projects are out of the way, then I'm gonna get it right. :cool:

sawduster

New User
Robert
Looks pretty good from Youngsville bro :eusa_clap Walnut can be a real booger-bear but it shore is purdy when it come out right

i'd say this one came out right :icon_thum

Good job :icon_cheers

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Thats a nice bowl you found in the wood. Walnut isn't the easiest wood to turn or finish.
Your finish looks fine from here, nice camera work too, btw.

Everytime I turn on the lathe I am just practicing. Once in a while something pops off that I'm not ashamed of. The rest of the time, well its just practice...

sawduster

New User
Robert
Everytime I turn on the lathe I am just practicing. Once in a while something pops off that I'm not ashamed of. The rest of the time, well its just practice...

Boy can I relate to that !! :mrgreen: After the turnings I saw yesterday at the picnic, I'm ready to just cover my lathe up and go back to scrolling! :eek:

woodturnerdon

New User
Don
Very nice bowl, Dan! Walnut sure can be a bear to finish. Brand new sandpaper and a steady hand through all the grits is a must. Keep up the good work.
Don L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS