Walnut 3" turning stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I need some walnut 3" turning stock. Called around yesterday, no help. Glueing isn't going to work, tried one anyway.
Joe

CabLeg_thumb.jpg

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Bladeburner it would help if I could spell today. The link is http://www.sawmillnc.com I don't know what I was thinking. I also posted a message about the problem you had with your fence on your craftsman 22124. If you have a chance check it out in General Woodworking.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Thanks guys, but I was hoping for a local supply. However, I will keep these sites because I'm probably gonna need 'em!

Joe

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Joe, check out NCwood, they're local, members here, and specailize in turning stock, I believe they have a 2000sq.ft. wharehouse. Dave:)

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
NCWOOD called and gave me the contact for East Wake Hardwood in Zebulon. Going up there tomorrow. Roger Barrow, 269-9455

TominZebulon

New User
Tom Meehan
I live about 2 minutes from East Wake Hardwoods and Roger is fantastic to work with. He has all the common species and many, many exotics. His prices are very fair and he usually keeps a fair amount on hand. As soon as I can figure out how, I will post a link to his website. He keeps a price list pretty well updated on the site, but I would still call ahead for pricing like many other people have said on other threads (of course, since I am only 2 minutes away and he is on the way to my kids school, I usually don't bother).

Here is his website address: http://eastwakehardwoods.com/index.html

Check him out. He will be happy to help!

Tom

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I just got back from East Wake Hardwood (269-9455) and have to report that Zebulon has slid about 30 minutes closer to Raleigh with the opening of the 64 bypass off the beltline. 38 miles from Holly Springs, but a lot quicker now. Anyway, the good comments about the shop are seconded here, BUT the big surprise is the attached Gallery. That is worth the trip on it's own. There are some museum quality pieces from local woodworkers that could grace the cover of Fine Woodworking for many issues!
You'll either leave with greater determination to improve your skills , or
go shopping for golf clubs!

Worth the trip,
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS