Wallhung Shelf with Handtools Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
I am offering a 2-day workshop at Woodcraft for the weekend of June 27-28. We will build a simple wallhung shelf using only handtools. The project will have 3 dadoed shelves, handplane molded edges to the shelves, a crown molding top, and the back will be made of tongue and groove beaded panels. The shelf will incoroporate a french cleat for hanging. Some of the tools we will be using to complete this project are smoothing plane, moving fillester, shoulder plane, router plane, side rabbet, beading plane, tongue and groove pair. We will cut the dadoes and rabbels by hand with saws, chisels and planes, and will attach the cleat with carcase dovetails. The applied moldings will be cut on a miter box and shot on a miter shooting board with a miter plane. The project is meant to be painted with a milk-paint finish.

Overall, this will be a great project to hone hour handtool woodworking skills. The workshop will be very labor intensive but you do not need a lot of prior experience to complete this project. There are currently two slots available. The cost is $175 for the weekend. Call Woodcraft and speak to John Lord at 781-1911 to sign up.

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
here is the picture of the project for next week. (this is my first picture post so I do not know if it will work!)

wallhung_shelf_13.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS