Volunteers for next Wounded Warriors session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Our next session w/ the Wounded Warriors is now scheduled for Saturday, January 19, at the Pope AAF (Ft. Bragg) woodshop. PhilS and I will be there, and ScottM has already volunteered to participate. That means we have openings for three more volunteers. Hopefully, one of the three will be an experienced turner.

If you have volunteered for the Outreach Project, AND have attended at least one of the Train-The-Trainer sessions, please let us know if you would like to participate on January 19.

At the first session on Dec. 8 we had three Warriors working on the lathes, and three more on the scroll saws. In between they worked on the band saw and drill press making band sawn boxes.

If you have any questions about what is involved in helping w/ one of these sessions, please ask those questions here and we'll start a discussion.

Thank you for volunteering. :eusa_clap

Bill

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
We have our 4th volunteer (Smallboat) for the Jan. 19 session. Just two slots left. Who wants to join the fun?

Thank you Steve.

Bill

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bill, I have been practicing, I think I can handle the turning

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
Our next session w/ the Wounded Warriors is now scheduled for Saturday, January 19, at the Pope AAF (Ft. Bragg) woodshop. PhilS and I will be there, and ScottM has already volunteered to participate. That means we have openings for three more volunteers. Hopefully, one of the three will be an experienced turner.

If you have volunteered for the Outreach Project, AND have attended at least one of the Train-The-Trainer sessions, please let us know if you would like to participate on January 19.

Bill

I don't qualify as a volunteer and defiantly (sic) not a turner. That being said, I have it on my calendar as I CAN fetch and carry for the more qualified.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Looks like we have our crew for the 19th. Steve Honeycutt and Donn were the next two to jump in. Bruce, thank you for volunteering, but I think we've got our quota for this one. Just for future reference, everyone, we're tentatively planning on 13 sessions in 2013, so we'll definitely be calling for more volunteers each month.

So here's the line up for the 19th, as I see it right now: Phil will lead the turning class, and I'll help him; ScottM will lead the scrolling session, w/ Steve Honeycutt helping there; Smallboat and Donn will be in charge of the band saw, drill press, and sharpening.

Thanks to everyone who volunteered and offered their help. It's for a great cause.

Bill

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bill/Phil, if anyone can't make it at the last minute, I can join. Just let me know if you need me. Always willing. Had a great time last time.

- Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors