Visit to Grizzly in '04

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

For those of you that are interested, I just uploaded 7 pictures to my newly created Gallery from my 2nd "Tool Dash" to Grizzly's Warehouse Store in Muncy, PA in September 04. My nephew and I drove up the same day that Hurricane Ivan came north into the Carolina's (left my wife w/o power for 2 days). This was my second trip and amongst other goodies, I bought my G1023SLX 10" cabinet saw. It is well worth the trip and I definitely will go back when I've saved some moolah!

I have 5 Grizzly stationary tools (the table saw, a G055 14" bandsaw with 14" riser, a G1182HW 6" jointer, a G1014Z 6" x 48" belt/9" disk sander and a G0538 Benchtop Oscillating Sander) and bought many supplies and essentials (like a Forrest WWII blade). I'm sold on their products for the hobbyist woodworker.

Ryan

New User
Ryan Sellers
No, I don't see why anyone here would be interested in seeing one of the largest tool showrooms in the country:grin:! Really, thank you for uploading the pictures, I can't wait to go look at them!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You went to buy tools and left your wife in the path of a storm that left her without power for two days (Hurricanes don't just sneak up on us) AND lived to tell about, let alone post pictures:lol: :lol: . You must have a very nice wife, or you are a really fast runner. I would still be hearing about how I abandoned my wife for my tools (she calls them my mistress):eusa_naug :eusa_naug I look forward to checking them out in the gallery. Dave:)

M

McRabbet

:drunken_s I know this is hard to believe, but my wife actually told me to leave early from home on the Thursday afternoon the storm was due to drive to Charlotte (where I spent the night with my nephew Brad who was going to buy tools as well). I called her that evening to check how conditions had changed and everything was A-OK. We left Charlotte at "pre-dawn-30" and so I didn't call her until late that afternoon when we arrived in PA -- Gee, no answer; she must be out (actually, no power to run our house full of cordless phones - :eusa_doh: ). No answer that night, nor the next day, either. We finally got through to my nephew's wife in Charlotte and she relayed the power outage details -- we left Muncy about 2:30 PM on Saturday and drove back to Charlotte to unload Brad's "loot". Arrive about 12:30 AM and crashed for 6 hours. Then back home with my $1,500 worth of "good stuff" and she greeted me with "2 things: You buy a generator and a standard old corded phone!" She wasn't mad, honest!! And I had been to Muncy 3 months earlier and brought back $2,000 worth of stuff. I not only have a nice wife, I have a GREAT :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Wife. And yes, I bought the generator and the phone.
DaveO said:
You went to buy tools and left your wife in the path of a storm that left her without power for two days (Hurricanes don't just sneak up on us) AND lived to tell about, let alone post pictures:lol: :lol: . You must have a very nice wife, or you are a really fast runner. I would still be hearing about how I abandoned my wife for my tools (she calls them my mistress):eusa_naug :eusa_naug I look forward to checking them out in the gallery. Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You do have a great wife, and she has a great husband. My wife wouldn't have gone for the deal, heck when there is a lighting storm she runs for the bed room, like that will protect her. Dave:)
BTW, those pictures are awesome, I can't believe that the showroom is that huge. That is something that I need to experience, someday. Thanks for posting them and give your wife a prop. from me. Dave:)

Last edited:
M

McRabbet

Dave, 37 years of being together might have something to do with it :-D And yes, the place is unbelievable -- their entire catalog is displayed on the floor, tool by tool! And not only do they have cashiers up front, there must be 20 cashout windows along the back wall. Several of the owner's guitars were on display when I was there, too. And, I be sure that Nancy gets your props!!

DaveO said:
You do have a great wife, and she has a great husband. My wife wouldn't have gone for the deal, heck when there is a lighting storm she runs for the bed room, like that will protect her. Dave:)
BTW, those pictures are awesome, I can't believe that the showroom is that huge. That is something that I need to experience, someday. Thanks for posting them and give your wife a prop. from me. Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS