Video Review: 8 Point Rebuild/Basic Engine Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Please take pity on me, I know this is a forum for wood.

They do at one point, suggest using a wooden mallet if that counts?

https://smartflix.com/store/video/504/8-Point-RebuildBasic-Engine-Building

I post this only because its one of the bestest howto video's I've seen. Trust me, I've seen a lot.

Also, for anyone who likes to take apart/rebuild their ww machines, you may find this helps with tools and organization. As well as techniques. How in the world they did this and not have a box of "extra" parts afterwards is beyond my comprehension.

They take an engine apart, bolt by bolt and walk us through the process. Its chuck full of tips, things that can go wrong, how to organize parts and much much more.

A highlight is the trip to the machine shop. They take the engine to a shop and have it trued up. Some pretty amazingly cool tools and grinders.

Something else the did an outstand job on, the production. The whole thing is shot on a white background, so visibilty is fantastic. Also, when they did things you couldn't see, they used detailed cgi to show you "xray vision" style whats going on.

While I know better than to ever take my girlfriends engine apart, if you have any interest in this topic, you can't miss with this video.

Thanks,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS