Video - 3D Printed Drill Press Dust Collection

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Thanks for posting, Matt. I've been looking for something like that.

Looking at his Etsy page, he refined the design with a flange all the way around the bottom. A good improvement.

1656786296528.png

Last edited:

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Very good design.

I did see 1 piece of shaving (4:20-4:21) come out when he used the forstner bit (he said, "no mess on my workspace"), but overall... very good design. And yes, I am teasing about the 1 shaving that flopped out.

He needs to mass produce those and retire, at least, that is what I'd do. :p

Happy 4th of July weekend... every one!

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I downloaded the version with the hold down plate. Downside is my printer says it's a 12 hour print job!!!!
Daniel, just curious, what printer are you using? I'm planning to download the model today and print some. I'm using a Prusa i3 MK2.5S

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Oh no, he removed the file with the hold down corners from Thingiverse! Did anyone download it before he removed it? Can you send it to me??? :(

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
When I imported the model, I got a message that it was too big for my Prusa so it was automatically sized down to fit. I rotated it 90 degrees and was able to scale it back up a bit, but I have no way to tell what size the tube hole is anymore. I do know that the width of the piece is 149mm. My Slicer tells me just over 19 hours to print at 50% infill. I didn't start it today but will most likely wait until the weekend to do that.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
When I imported the model, I got a message that it was too big for my Prusa so it was automatically sized down to fit. I rotated it 90 degrees and was able to scale it back up a bit, but I have no way to tell what size the tube hole is anymore. I do know that the width of the piece is 149mm. My Slicer tells me just over 19 hours to print at 50% infill. I didn't start it today but will most likely wait until the weekend to do that.
GEEZ! 19 hours!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS