Vets Turn 2020

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
For all you combat vets - Laguna, with other, have a program that will provide a lathe, accessories, and training for vets. In 2020 they will select 4 vets to receive them. You can check it out at Vets turn 2020 (skip the ads). Deadline to apply is Oct 31.

I came across this as an advertisement from Laguna and it appears to be legit, but I have no personal knowledge of the program.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Too bad my FIL who lives with me is 94, is not into woodworking. He is a WWII vet and we only learned a few months ago that he was awarded two bronze stars in the Pacific. Still do not know what for. Anyway his hearing and eyesight are not what they used to be so it is probably a good idea that he not reply.

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
Too bad my FIL who lives with me is 94, is not into woodworking. He is a WWII vet and we only learned a few months ago that he was awarded two bronze stars in the Pacific. Still do not know what for. Anyway his hearing and eyesight are not what they used to be so it is probably a good idea that he not reply.
Doug,
You can go to National Personnel Records Center and request a copy of his military records and get replacement medals. There should be copies of the citations to accompany the award of each medal. It's not a quick process and they were shut down during Covid. We've been waiting 17 months and counting for medals for my mother.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS