Very Positive News from One of Our Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

I received an email late this afternoon from one of our nicest members (and the vice-president of the Western NC Woodworkers Association) that read (in part) as follows:
Greetings From Baptist Hospital,
I'm doing great and I'm coming home tomorrow. The surgery went well and they got all of the cancer. Please pass this along to our WW buddies.
My Best,
Randy
Randy is none other than Ozzie-X (Randy Osborne) and he has just had major brain surgery at Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem to remove a tumor that had not stopped growing after a procedure he had at Mission Hospital in Asheville several months ago. I sent him back my immediate hoorahs and said I'd share his good news with fellow woodworkers. He sent yet another messge back about an hour ago:
Yes, if one has to go through something like this, it is a blessing to recover ahead of the bell curve. I've had very little pain except right after the surgery. Since it was brain surgery, they were afraid I would have balance and coordination problems but I don't, and that too is a blessing. I've been walking around the hospital unit all day. I'll be making sawdust again soon. Thanks for sending out the note to the membership.
My Best, Randy

I hope you all join me in wishing Randy continued best wishes for a complete recovery -- he is one strong Dude and he'll beat this thing for sure! And in case you don't believe in his love of this site and our group of WNCWA woodworkers in the mountains, he has alsready posted to at least one thread this evening (Mike Davis' Junk or Gem thread here!)

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Randy! Your best chance is to have a positive attitude and it sounds like you're already there! Good luck from one Randy to another.:icon_thum

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Alrigt Randy!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:icon_thum Praying for a fast recovery looks like you have already made a great start on that:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

DaveO

New User
DaveO
This is such good news. Randy is one of the special ones around here, always willing to share his knowledge and advice for all.

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Great news, please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great news, Randy!!!

Hang in there. We really do need your input 'round here.

Get well soon. We are all pullin' for ya!!!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Wayne

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Randy,

I say a general prayer for all of the service folks and anyone in need every day, I hope that prayer touched you or the medical folks taking care of you. If I had known I would have done anything to help.

I am so happy you are doing well and sounds like you will be completely healed.

Will be adding your name to my daily list.

Be well and do good Brother.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Randy,
I've been praying for you all week. It is beyond words that you have come thru the surgery so successfully. Just another good example of when not to accept the limitations of one Doc and one facility.
God bless you and Amy, the kids and the grand babies.
Keep us posted on your recovery and keep the sawdust out of your bandages:gar-La;

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS