VERITAS Shelf Drilling Jig

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Does anyone have the VERITAS Shelf Drilling Jig? If so, what is your opinion of the jig? Is it worth $180? I am working on my 3rd built in unit and imagine I'll get additional requests, so if it is a good jig I'd think I'll have a need for it in the future.

Thanks!

b4man

New User
Barbara
I can't speak of that particular jig but every Veritas product I own is wonderful so I'd have to say go for it.

M

McRabbet

I don't own the Veritas jig, but I did buy this one from Klingspor's Woodworking Shop for $24.95 (less our 10% NCWW discount) and it works great -- comes with the self-centering bit, too. Big difference in price means you can buy other stuff!

Rob

nelsone

New User
Ed
Thanks for the replys guys! I wasn't sure if those jigs were durable enough, so I'm glad to get an endorsement! And Rob, I agree, I can definitely make better use of my money! Do you just use a hand drill with that jig? Is alignment an issue?

Thanks for the help!

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Ed I have a 32mm Gizmo Jig that drills 2 holes at once and has a reference guide for the side & top.

I'll be glad to let you borrow it for a bit to see how you like it.

let me know you can pick-it up at work or a cwa meeting.

phil

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hey Phil! I may take you up on the offer. I will need to start drilling, maybe this weekend. How late do you stay at the office?

mike_wood

Update your profile with your name
User
I use the Rockler jig and it works fine but be careful of tearout. I have not found a way to eliminate it - only to minimize.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Ed

I didn't think to pick it up this morning. You can swing by the house we're off old concord rd in the University or I could meet you somewhere tomorrow morning.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS