Veritas Prices!

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
I was shocked today to see what folks were bidding for Veritas low angle block planes on eBay. I was shocked until I double-checked the Lee Valley prices. It looks like there have been two price jumps in the last few months! The latest change (in the past few days) took the DX60 (with a PMV-11 blade) from $215 to $259. Sheesh! It looks like my $35, sole-flattened, Hock-bladed Stanley 60½ may have to serve another 30 years.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member

Since I acquired the rabbet plane above, I have not picked up my 60 1/2. It too has a nice Hock blade, it does a good job but make no mistake.. its not the same tool.

I have not chosen to get a dedicated rabbet plane as I have several wooden ones that work well when needed. The plane above is just great for so many things I do and the angle is lower than the 60 1/2 for better end grain work.

I bought my plane used but didn't really find a great bargain. Still worth the money as I use it frequently.

Dan

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Lee Valley has the DX60 with PM-V11 listed for $215 US. The $259 is Canadian pricing.

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
View attachment 184633

Since I acquired the rabbet plane above, I have not picked up my 60 1/2. It too has a nice Hock blade, it does a good job but make no mistake.. its not the same tool.

I have not chosen to get a dedicated rabbet plane as I have several wooden ones that work well when needed. The plane above is just great for so many things I do and the angle is lower than the 60 1/2 for better end grain work.

I bought my plane used but didn't really find a great bargain. Still worth the money as I use it frequently.

Dan

Which rabbet plane (maker) is that?

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'm curious. How do you find Veritas low angle block planes at eBay? I found lots of older, vintage block planes (Stanley and others).

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
I'm curious. How do you find Veritas low angle block planes at eBay? I found lots of older, vintage block planes (Stanley and others).
I simply searched "Veritas Tool" I also search "Lee Valley Tool" and "Lie Nielson". The results tend to vary from nothing to a few.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS