Usergroups - TWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
One of the concepts on vBulletin is the idea of usergroups. From an internal point of view, it is a means of granting permissions to a group of members. But it is also a way of creating and displaying affiliations or special interests.

For example, the primary usergroup on this board is Register Users, This group gets titles like newbie, member, etc. based on the amount of activity they are involved in (no credit for lurking:lol: ) Another major group is Charter Members. These are members who have supported the site since the very beginning. These groups are not optional, they provide your basic idendity and permissions.

But there is another type of group that we can create and that is show an affiliation. I have tried to get this started formally with some organizations, but really haven't been able to for a variety of reasons.

So I thought I would start it out by creating a Group for TWA members. The idea for now would be for each of us who is a member to be able to find other members on this site who are also TWA members. Later there may be other benefits, but right now nothing is promised and please note that this is NOT a formal function of TWA. This is just me trying something.

So if you are a member of TWA (I have no idea whether you are paying dues) go to your user control panel, select group membership and request to join the group. ShortCut

If you are a member of another woodowrking association and are willing to accept responsibilty to process the join requests, send me a PM and I will set up the group.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I mailed my TWA dues in last week, but the check hasn't been cashed yet. So I guess I should wait until it's official (Hey Rick, you're messing up my bank balance, take my money please) :lol: :lol: Dave:)

R

rickc

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I have several to mail, and just picked up some more renewals. I will send them to our beloved treasurer soon! If you run into that problem again, just let me know, and you can send the signed check straight to me! Don't worry about filling anything else in, I'll handle it!:lol:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
To Those that have just joined, I did the acceptance. If you go back to the place you requested the join, youn will see that you are now members. You should see that your now have a choice of which usergroup you want to show under your name in posts, etc.

Also, if you look at your profile youe will see that that you are shown as a member

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks, Rick, just giving you some grief:lol: I know that you are a very busy man. Dave:)

R

rickc

I know no offense intended and none taken! Just check your bill if you come to Buffalo Bros Tuesday night! Might be a little more than you thought! :lol: Just trying to help with the bank balance!

Are you going to come to the club auction Tuesday night? Might find some treasure! Good or bad, I find some of the stuff real interesting, but I have most of what my budget and floor space can handle. But it is something fun to do checking out some of the contributions. Usually good for a few laughs as well. There is one shaper that seems to come up every year!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'm gonna have to play that one by ear. I might be hard to get past the wife seeing as she knows I'm broke and don't need to buying any more tools. Unless there is the possiblity of a good cheap rabbet plane being sold???? Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
DaveO said:
I mailed my TWA dues in last week, but the check hasn't been cashed yet. So I guess I should wait until it's official (Hey Rick, you're messing up my bank balance, take my money please) :lol: :lol: Dave:)

You don't have to wait. The president (rick) has spoken for you.:lol:

R

rickc

I do know one of our members said he is bringing a couple planes - one a dovetail. Not sure if a rabbeting plane will appear. However, I understand you can get them pretty reasonable on eBay.

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
Dave get your butt out there. I'm not planning on buying anything myself but can live vicariously through others :)

sapwood

New User
Roger
DaveO,

What a dummy! Don't tell her it's a tool sale :eusa_shhh It's a regular TWA "meeting". :lol:

Anyway, I was hoping you would show up so I could finally meet you. Bring one of the heart lock boxes if mom doesn't mind. I would like to see one close up and personal. Consider it "Show and Tell" nite--not Tool Sale!

Rick,
If you're still doing the Pizza thing tomorrow (6 pm???) I will try to make it. I've always got room for pizza if ya don't mind my table manners :p

Sapwood

R

rickc

sapwood said:
Rick,
If you're still doing the Pizza thing tomorrow (6 pm???) I will try to make it. I've always got room for pizza if ya don't mind my table manners
Sapwood

Table manners? What are those? :lol: Yes - we are still doing the pizza thing at 6:00 pm, Buffalo Brothers. I might be a few minutes late, depending upon traffic. Need to pick my wife up at the airport about 5, drop her off at home in Cary and fight the Beltline!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I never thought about the "required members" meeting approach, that's brilliant!! Roger. Actually, I believe I have permission, I'll have to work on dinner, but Buff. Bros. is really good so I will plead. Roger if anything, I am coming to meet you and I will bring one of my boxes, you know I love to show off my work:lol: See ya'll tomorrow, sooner or later. Dave:)

R

rickc

Man-o-man. Don't you guys be going and getting me in trouble with the love-of-your-lives! As Prez, I DON'T NEED a bunch of angry spouses calling me! 8-O

I just see trouble a brewing,right here in River City - time to change all of my contact information! :lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I won't tell her that it is all your fault. Actually, my wife is one of the most supportive gals you could meet, it's my 2 year old daugther that can get peeved if I don't sit down with her and watch Caillou ( yes, I haven't seen real TV in about 2 years, but I can name every character on Sesame Street and sing the Barney song from heart....someone please shoot me now, please:eusa_pray

Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
DaveO said:
I won't tell her that it is all your fault. Actually, my wife is one of the most supportive gals you could meet, it's my 2 year old daugther that can get peeved if I don't sit down with her and watch Caillou ( yes, I haven't seen real TV in about 2 years, but I can name every character on Sesame Street and sing the Barney song from heart....
someone please shoot me now, please:eusa_pray :qright5:

Happy to oblige

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
DaveO said:
I won't tell her that it is all your fault. Actually, my wife is one of the most supportive gals you could meet, it's my 2 year old daugther that can get peeved if I don't sit down with her and watch Caillou ( yes, I haven't seen real TV in about 2 years, but I can name every character on Sesame Street and sing the Barney song from heart....someone please shoot me now, please:eusa_pray

Bahh, that one of the joys of being a parent:icon_thum.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yep, it's a not a job, it's a doodie:lol: :lol: But the salary is awesome, nothing like a big hug from your daughter in footy PJ right after she wakes up and is still all warm and soft from the bed, with a sloppy kiss on the cheek before going off to work. Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I was told that I guilted people into posting their pictures in "Faces of Ncwoodworker" So maybe I gulit all those TWA members that haven't joied the user group to to join???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS