Used "Parent's Choice" Baby Bottle Heater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I know what you're probably thinking..."Mark and Mary Ann are kinda' old to be looking for Baby stuff?":wsmile: I need it for something else. Interested in the 110V version with the temperature adjustment on the front. Not interested in the 12 volt version. If you're finished having babies and have one of these collecting dust let's talk.
Thanks!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
"hide glue? "

Yep. Give that man a Kewpie Doll! :rotflm:
Greg Paolini mentioned these as a good way to keep small amounts of hide glue ready over at Knots. I could also use a small Pot-Pouri pot or mini crockpot or rig up something else but figured these would be plentiful in a group of so many with young children. It's a long way to the microvave and Mary Ann is not a fan of me cooking stinky stuff in the kitchen after 10 years of making beer at home.

So...if you have no intention of using hide glue and have one of these sitting around, please let me know. I'll make it worth your trouble.
Thanks!

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
we never used one of these but i'll look around and [STRIKE]insruct[/STRIKE]:icon_scra [STRIKE]ask[/STRIKE]:confused_ beg:icon_cheers leann to look for these in the upcoming kiddo consignment sales she'll be going to.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks everyone for your comments.
I stumbled on this one in a Craigslist ad for a "Baby Bottle Warmer" for $5. It works great and I got to meet the cutest set of twin little boy toddlers I think I've ever seen! That alone was worth a lot more than the bottle warmer.
Anyway here's what I understood from Greg's posting on Knots (Finewoodworking.com's forum):

The warmer has a 400 watt element in it and you put ~1/8 cup of water in it. I had an old ~6oz jar with a lid which fit in it perfectly but a small jelly jar or a small plastic squeeze bottle should work fine. You could also use a Rival Hot Pot Express with the control on the front but it's about twice as big and I don't think I'll need more than 4 oz of hide glue at any one time.

Parent_s_Choice_Bottle_Warmer.jpg

The small jar fits perfectly in the warmer but you only have to have ~1/8cup of water in the warmer or it will overflow (DAMHIKT:embarrassed:):
Bottle_Warmer_002.jpg

I got the water jacket too hot on the high setting (~160) so I backed it down to #2 and this should work fine.

Bottle_Warmer_003.jpg

This will be my first experience with hide glue. I have a Ukelele from the 1930s needing some repair and the original hide glue has suffered too many freeze/cook cycles in the attic where it was stored for who knows how long. Its back separated from the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS