Urn Project

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
My daughter works at the VA in Durham. She is the gift shop manager. She was at my house while I was getting the flyers, pamphlets and stuff ready for this weekend and she asked about the Urn Project. After I explained what we do, she took some flyers and pamphlets and took them to the director at her job. They are very excited, made more copies and are placing them around the VA. They are also contacting the Funeral Homes is the area! Here we go again!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Are there flyers and pamphlets available for the Urn Project? My sorry attempts to produce one all failed. I do not own a regular PC, but have a notebook that's nearly ready to crash. If someone finally produced something about the FREE BURIAL URNS FOR VETERANS PROJECT, I cannot begin to thank you enough. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Yes, there is. Has been for a while. I just ordered more. I take them to every event.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Just talked to my daughter. The flyers are being posted on a bunch of Social media. Being sent to Funeral homes, even the national cemetery. The flyer is all over the walls of the Durham VA and being sent to the Fayetteville VA.
She wants to know if she can go national. She is going to her public relations officer next!

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
While going national is a great idea; we never envisioned supporting a nation-wide burial urn program. The magnitude of that would soon tax our funds. The transportation costs alone would be financial hit we did not calculate into the operating budget. I think this idea needs more research and discussion by all involved.

Berta, my recommendation at this time is to stick to NC until we have had a chance to discuss this in-depth.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
While going national is a great idea; we never envisioned supporting a nation-wide burial urn program. The magnitude of that would soon tax our funds. The transportation costs alone would be financial hit we did not calculate into the operating budget. I think this idea needs more research and discussion by all involved.

Berta, my recommendation at this time is to stick to NC until we have had a chance to discuss this in-depth.
Thanks, I told her we couldn’t produce thousands of them and hold off.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Phil had a great idea to network with other regional clubs. I think we can supply plans and put the build video on YouTube for them to see. And we can supply technical support as well.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
You might need to reconsider that NC restriction. We have members in neighboring states and this should be made available in their states too. JMTCW

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
You might need to reconsider that NC restriction. We have members in neighboring states and this should be made available in their states too. JMTCW
You are correct, Dennis. I should have said "NC and neighboring states" as I know we have delivered burial urns to South Carolina and Virginia (and a couple of others but I don't recall which ones).

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I think the process should be recorded, then the video edited, then the voice over dubbed from a script.

This would make a much more professional presentation.

Phil suggested making the video at a different time than the actual production run.
It think that is a good plan since they may get in the way of each other and could be a safety hazard.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I agree with Mike. For quality of video and sound and instructional recording needs a separate session.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Bummer..... I had my makeup and glam team all lined up for the big day!!! Ill have to go back to my robe and bunny slippers

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think the process should be recorded, then the video edited, then the voice over dubbed from a script.

This would make a much more professional presentation.

Phil suggested making the video at a different time than the actual production run.
It think that is a good plan since they may get in the way of each other and could be a safety hazard.

Might be good to get some footage of this event for out-takes.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will be taking a bunch of photos and will also take some digital "footage". I was hoping to put a couple of the assembly stations outside, but with the forecasted rain, the shop will look a bit like grand central station

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS