UPDATED! An NC Woodworker Featured in Southwest Wake News

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeL

New User
George
Two weeks ago we received a phone call from the Southwest Wake News. They wanted to do a story on my son Alex and his pen business. The reporter came to the house and interviewed him last week and we are told the story will be featured in this weeks paper which comes out on Wednesday. For those of you who do not receive this free paper you should be able to see the story on their web site: http://www.southwestwakenews.com/

George

The on-line edition is available!
http://www.southwestwakenews.com/business/story/1091.html

It is also in the Cary News
http://www.carynews.com/front/story/12677.html

Last edited:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Re: An NC Woodworker Featured in Southwest Wake News

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Great job Alex. We are so proud of you!!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

Congrats! Thats a really nice story.

Jim

DaveO

New User
DaveO

That's awesome, Alex is going to be world renown before he can drive.
I went looking for the article, but quickly realized that it won't be up on the site until Wednesday :eusa_doh: Please keep this thread going or re-post so us with feeble minds can read about our favorite young pen turner.
How did SW. Wake News find out about Alex? Was this completely unsolicited ;)?

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member

This is great news!!

I too look forward to reading the article mid-week.

Have it bookmarked.

Way to go Alex!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Wayne

GeorgeL

New User
George

The paper was fed the story by the publicity manager of Triangle Woodworker's Association. Apparently, he also gave the story to a few other papers that ran it as an announcement.

George

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member

Perhaps the larger publications will run the story, if it includes an interview with a very satisfied customer. :rolleyes: Hmmm, whose name comes to mind.....

Just pullin' you leg, George. Can I get an autographed copy?

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:icon_cheers Way to go Alex! Dude keep up the good work.All this publicity his collage will be payed for L O N G before he's ready to go:icon_thum.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

The paper was fed the story by the publicity manager of Triangle Woodworker's Association. Apparently, he also gave the story to a few other papers that ran it as an announcement.

George

Yes TWA has a position for publicity chairman in their by-laws. Until recently the position was unfilled or not worked. Larry Hendrick is the current chairman and doing a great job.

ALEX is my hero. :icon_thum When I grow up I want to be just like him. :wsmile:

woodArtz

New User
Bob

Awesome news! Way to go Alex!!! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

nelsone

New User
Ed

Congratulations Alex! Hopefully this will generate some more orders for you!:icon_thum

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Congratulations, Alex! Your extended family here at NCWWer is very proud of you and all you have accomplished in such a short time. You will go far young man...

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:banana::banana:Hooray for Alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

You will be the talk of neighborhood now! Very fine work young fella!

Wayne

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Ok... this is getting out of hand. I just had some people here at work bring in the paper and say, "this kids pens look better than yours"! I had to admit to them that they were right. Is there no bounds to Alex's fame? :dontknow:

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Way to go Alex!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great!!!!!

George I have the issue of The Cary News if you want me to save you the hard-copy version.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Ok... this is getting out of hand. I just had some people here at work bring in the paper and say, "this kids pens look better than yours"! I had to admit to them that they were right. Is there no bounds to Alex's fame? :dontknow:

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Way to go Alex!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

That's funny, two guys I work with brought in the article because they thought I would be interested in it, and thought I might know Alex. I was very proud to say I do.
Somebody's the talk of the town lately :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS