Update on the Workshop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Maybe too hot in your shop today, but in my shop it was 74 degrees today. Heat pumps are wonderful. Yes, they are expensive, but that's where I go to hide from the too hot and too cold days, and it was worth the investment to me. I get a lot of shop time in the hot hot Summers and dead of Winter.

Charley

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Maybe too hot in your shop today, but in my shop it was 74 degrees today. Heat pumps are wonderful. Yes, they are expensive, but that's where I go to hide from the too hot and too cold days, and it was worth the investment to me. I get a lot of shop time in the hot hot Summers and dead of Winter.

Charley

+1

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Too hot? My workshop is a cool 69*. Love my mini-split. A great investment.

Red

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
Mini split is in my future.

Trying to hold on to a chisel when you're sweating this much is ... dangerous!

I'll post an update as to whether my dear spouse buys the "Air Conditioning as Safety Device" argument.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Mine talked me into a new window unit here using the old line."Its not good for the wood" Old unit cooled but didnt touch the humidity. Of course I said "yes dear"

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I wish I had worked in my un-air conditioned shop. I was outside digging ditches, moving retaining wall block and dirt. When we had the shop garage added last year, we created a situation where too much water got dumped on the driveway for the drain to handle it. So twice it has come into the garages. So I re-routed the downspout to behind the house in 45 feet of 4 inch pipe - buried. And I dug out and stacked 60 retaining wall block (hauled them too). And I moved dirt behind the wall. Not quite done with that. Wife also pruned a bunch, creating two trips to the dump and she decided a bush needed replaced giving me the opportunity to dig out the root ball. Most of the work was in the sun. The shade of the shop would have been welcome.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Thanks...I'm less jealous of you guys with big detached shops when I'm in my (small) cool basement shop on a hot day. Despite having no vents from the A/C system, I only needed a dehumidifier to achieve year-round comfort :)

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks for starting this thread Dave, It has reminded me to do something about my window AC unit. It does little to cool the shop when it is still sitting 100 feet away in it's winter home in the shed. :nah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS